Wishing You a Lovely Spring
Though spring is a time of lovely weather, many of us are going through the hussle of closing out the
school year strong!
So, here are some tips on how to make it through spring (or fall, or winter) quarter in (hopefully) one piece:
- Don't get lost daydreaming! Trust us on this one. One moment you're thinking about summer, or shopping, or
playing Poke'mon on your DS and the next thing you know, the professor is suddenly asking everyone to hand in
their final exams?!
- Try not to stress out. Yes, we know, easier said than done but really put some effort into it this quarter! Maybe go hang out
with friends more or explore parts of the campus you've never seen. Really just make time for yourself inbetween all the craziness. Trust us,
there is time -- this is coming from someone who avidly
wastes spends time watching educational videos yeah, that's it on
- Get sleep and eat well. "Of course this on would be on here." you say as you read this and remind yourself of the time some (because there's
always at least that one) adult in your life has told you this. We won't repeat it because we don't want to nag but hey, it's not like
they're wrong on this one.
- Remember it's not the end of the world. No lava yet, no death today! "What does this have to do with school?" We don't know. Actually, we do.
It's good to remind yourself that one score on anything (whether it be an assignment, a quiz, an exam, etc.) should never define whether you are a
success or a failure. You're a fighter, so put up a fight and keep on going on!! It may not mean much from a total stranger like us but we believe in you! Hopefully you
will pass this message on to your friends and tell them you believe in them too. Sometimes, all we need is to just hear these words from someone :).
- Smile, laugh, the works. If all of this hasn't made you laugh or even puke out a small giggle then we're terribly sorry for our lack of humor! Our
goal today was just to put a smile on your face to help ease the stress but hey, maybe this video can. Swear, this
video will be our last try!
- Last but not least, here's a list of just some fun things to do to destress:
Good luck to you on this quarter! May you work hard and do well!
- Go for a nice walk with friends or by yourself. But, remember to stay safe!
- Catch up on your favorite TV shows!
- Play some video games! We ourselves play Overwatch and League of Legends and are down to make new friends!
- Treat yourself to some very nice food.
- Chat up some friends. Anything really -- casual talk about how UCSC's going or maybe a deep serious chat about the meaning of life. Whatever floats your
- Look up some cute pictures of cute animals. (This may or may not be what we usually do. . .)
- Go star gazing. On a clear night, just look up to the sky. If your college has too much lights on then try out Crown College's upper quad! It has a nice
grassy circle if you'd like to lay down and benches as well if you're a sitting type!
- Just lay in bed and catch up on sleep or just lay in bed and pretend you're a potato not yet ripe for this world of college work. (But of course, don't just ignore your
If you'd like, let me know if we've made you laugh at all! Feel free to contact us at our email here!