Nephos Taurus Family 8360
General Availability Sept 2017
Not Broadcom. A Tiawanese ASIC house that makes competitive devices. Like
Broadcom, they are a fabless merchant silicon manufacturer.
Founded February 2016.
The 8360 ASIC family uses 16 nm geometry. Offices in Anhui China,
and (of course) San Jose. Note: http://www.nephosinc.com
- Product derivatives with wide range of bandwidth spanning: 880G to 6.4T
- Up to 256 high speed 28GHz NRZ SerDes (100% Nephos controlled IP)
- Large intelligent packet buffer for superior in-cast performance
- Buffer size options: 20, 28, 40, and >50 MB (Largest virtual queue pool, programmable dynamic allocation, intelligent hysteretic water marks)
- Flexible Port Configuration: 10/25/40/50/100G NRZ (note: absolutely no hidden MAC/Radix limitations)
- 2 x 10G. 2x 1G and 2 x 2.5G dedicated management ports, PCIe Gen3 (>30G)
- 16 nm FinFET+ TSMC; Multi-die packaging enhanced patented silicon interposer TX/RX
- Available Now: Q2 2017, GA Sept 2017
|Taurus Part No.
|| Power [W]