Introduced March 15, 2015
Strata DNX Family – Dune.
Used for higher cost devices with more demanding needs.
800 Gbps of packet processing
HQOS, external packet buffers and advanced packet processing.
- Qumran BCM88370 – A single-chip switch delivering 800 Gbps Ethernet for compact carrier Ethernet and data center top-of-rack switches
- Jericho BCM88670 – A 720 Gbps packet processor and traffic manager with DNX fabric interfaces for carrier Ethernet switch router, data center chassis, and enterprise campus applications
Up to 800 Gbps forwarding capacity per device
Advanced, flexible and configurable packet processor
Integrated accelerators for carrier service management
Carrier feature support including Ethernet OAM, MPLS, VPLS
Integrated hierarchical traffic manager with support for thousands of flows
External packet buffer memory supporting DDR4 or GDDR5 DRAM
Data center virtual network tunneling including VXLAN, NVGRE and Geneve
Support for 10 GE, 25 GE, 40 GE, 50 GE, 100 GE Ethernet port interfaces
Support for 200G-400G Interlaken™ port interfaces
IEEE 1588 network timing engine
Jericho+ BCM88680 – A 900 Gbps packet processor and traffic manager with DNX fabric interfaces for carrier Ethernet switch router, data center chassis, and enterprise campus applications. This part first mentioned in 2017 and not from the Packet Pushers summary.
Chassis switch fabric supporting 3.6 Tbps per device
Single-stage interconnect for up to 144 BCM88670 devices
Dual-plane Ethernet/optical switch fabric
Backwards compatible to legacy DNX switch fabric chipsets
- BCM88770 – A high density switch fabric device providing 3.6Tbps throughput per device enabling over 100Tbps switching capacity in a single stage system when combined with BCM88670
Some 2017 additions to the family that are targetted at the network edge.
- BCM88476 - A 300 Gbps packet processor and traffic manager including StrataDNX fabric interfaces compatible with BCM88750 and BCM88770 Fabric Elements, plus external packet buffer and table expansion. (.Kalia.)
- BCM88470 - A single-chip packet processor and traffic manager delivering 160 to 300 Gbps of Ethernet capacity with external packet buffer and table expansion. (.Qumran-AX.)
- BCM88270 - A small footprint single-chip packet processor and traffic manager delivering 30 to 120 Gbps of Ethernet capacity with external packet buffer expansion. (.Qumran-uX.)