Surfing: Ocean's Sport
For more pictures like these check out Surfing Magazine.
- The first account of surfing was in 1778 by Captain James Cook.
- The first official surf contest was in Corona del Mar, California in 1928.
- Surfing can be physically beneficial in cardiovascular fitness as well as upper body strength.
Health benefits include, but is not limited to:
- Leg and core strength - your legs and your core are used to stay up and be balanced on your board.
- Shoulder and back strength - padding to move and catch waves will strengthen these muscles.
- A good outlet for stress and tension.
The Basics of Surfing
For private surfing lessons at a discounted rate, e-mail me at email@example.com.