Here are some cool trees in the area.
I really like redwoods.
I took photos of some Redwoods on a hike recently.
Here are some really cool things about redwoods:
- Their bark has tannic acid which is a natural fire retardant and insect repellant.
- They are some of the tallest trees on Earth.
- Their roots can spread out to up to 100 feet from the base of the tree
I really like redwoods because:
- They make UCSC very beautiful.
- They make our air quality much better.
- They look very majestic
I had an internship at a Redwoods State Park. To find out more about redwoods from the park you can go to Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park's Website
Let me know if you ever want to know more about local ecosystems by emailing me here