This Site Is Dedicated To My Visit To Washington D.C. This Summer With My Family.
One of the highlights of my trip was when I got to tour the U.S. military headquarters, otherwise known as the Pentagon.
This trip was one of the most memorable vacations of my life due to my passion for government and politics. I could see my self working in the Pentagon in the future.
Here I am in the tour staging area behind the Press Podium taking a stand against terrorism
Here are some notable facts about the Pentagon:
- The Pentagon has approximately 23,000 workers
- There is over 100,000 miles of phone line inside the Pentagon
- Inside the Pentagon there are roughly 26 miles of hallways
- Construction of the Pentagon began on September 11, 1941
- The Pentagon was built so you can walk from any two points in the building in seven minutes
Here are a few of my favorite memories from the Pentagon, in no particular order:
- The moment when you first walk into the Pentagon after all of the rigorous security measures
- Standing in the exact location where the plane struck the building on September 11th. There was a memorial dedicated to all of those lost, it was a very emotional part of the tour
- Being inside one of the most importand building in the United States and getting to see all the men and women of the armed forces who work inside the Pentagon
- Seeing all of the stores within the Pentagon to accomodate all of its staff. It was essentially a small city (The Pentagon even has its own mayor)
- Walking through the Pentagon's hallways
In case you are interested, here is a link to the Pentagon tours site.
If you wish to contact me, I can be reached here.
I Hope you enjoyed my site and will be able to tour the Pentagon one day!