HALU-AN! HALU-AN! HALU-WHAT? HALU-WHO? HALU-BACK? HALUAN!
I am part of a hip-hop dance team, under the Filipino Student Association (FSA), called Haluan. Haluan translates to "being of mixed nature" in Tagalog. We are more than a team, we are a family!
If you want to know more about Haluan, here is a link to the official Facebook page.
- Is a student-led competing team from UCSC (and is competing in the FIRST EVER Bridge NorCal on May 3, 2014!!!).
- Is made up of all different types of dancers.
- Provides a space for dancers to come together and do what they do best: DANCE!
Here are a few pictures of some of our Halu-Shenanigans
Sometimes, Haluan is stressful, but it is also:
and that's why it's so worth it.
- A place to relieve other stresses.
- Somewhere to express yourself.
- Full of people that are just as crazy as you are.
- A family in my home-away-from-home.
Here is Haluan competing at Collaboration NorCal 2014. Enjoy!
If you have any questions, you can email me at lalala