This is what the notation looks like:
- The derivative can be expressed in different forms.
- This is a fundamental tool of Calculus.
- It is the slope of the tangent line to the graph at the point
- This is the opposite of the integral
- The derivative of a function y = f(x) of a variable x is a measure of the rate at which the value y of the function changes with respect to the change of the variable x.
- The first derivative of a function is an expression which tells us the slope of a tangent line to the curve at any instant
- If is positive, then must be increasing. If is negative, then must be decreasing
For more information about derivatives click here!
Send an email if you'd like to talk more about differentiation.