Hi there! Welcome to my tennis page.
Here, you'll find some basic information about tennis.
Tennis is a great way to have fun and be active. Although it might not be as easy as you think it is getting started isn't as hard. Once you start hitting and realizing your strength, it'll be easier for you to control your hits and movements. And with time and practice your techniques will only improve.
Some of my favorite sites for all things tennis are listed below:
- Tennis Warehouse
Feel free to email me for more information on tennis: email
- Forehand: A stroke made from the same side of the body as that of the hand holding the racket.
- Backhand: Hitting the ball with the back of the racket by reaching the arm across the body.
- Ace: A serve that lands in the service box but isn't returned or the receiver didn't touch it.
- Fault: A serve that lands outside of the box.
- All: A term used when you and your opponent has the same score.
- Deuce: When the game is at 40-40, the players have to make two consecutive points in order to win. That is called a deuce.
- Lob: A high shot hit over an opponent's head.
- Love: A term used in place of zero points.
- Serve: A shot to start a point.
- Service Line: The parallel line furthest from the net.
- Smash: Using great force to hit the ball downwards into the opponent's court.