Welcome to Room Renovations
Room Decor Styles and Tips
Living Room: How to Achieve Sophistication Through Simplicity
Image Above: An example of an elegant, but cozy design.
Smooth hardware floors are nicely juxtaposed to the soft fabric of the rug.
The painting of the boat above the fireplace adds a charming nautical feel.
Some things to consider before starting:
- Pick a neutral color scheme. While white suffices in some cases, light beiges, muted greys, and warm peach tones add vitality to the room.
- Make a list of which furniture pieces you will incorporate.
- Peruse through multiple room decoration websites to get exposure to different techniques.
- Pick one section of the room that will be your emphasis point. An emphasis point could be a family portrait, a piece of art, or a sitting area.
3 Furniture Essentials:
- Large couch. You have endless choices for fabrics: suede, leather, cotton, etc.
- Low coffee table. Clear glass tops are always a good choice.
- Framed painting/portrait on the wall. Find something to hang on the walls that represents the room's theme: modern art, family-oriented, classy party area, etc.
To see more room inspiration click here.
For further inquires, concerns, or questions, please contact me at: