"The Keeper of Secrets"
There are seven types of sea turtles:
- Green Sea Turtle
- Leatherback Sea Turtle
- Loggerhead Sea Turtle
- Hawksbill Sea Turtle
- Kemps Ridley Sea Turtle
- Olive Ridley Sea Turtle
- Flatback Sea Turtle
Here are some facts about sea turtles:
- Many sea turtles can hold their breath for over 30 minutes.
- Leatherback sea turtles have been known to dive over 1000 feet deep in the ocean.
- Sea turtles don't need a supply of fresh water. They can live off of the water they get from their food.
- Sea turtles sometimes look like they are crying. These tears are from special glands that allow them to
get rid of extra salt they get by living in salt water oceans.
- The fastest sea turtles are the leatherbacks which have been known to swim at speeds of over 20 miles per hour.
- Sea turtles have existed for around 215 million years.
- Many sea turtle species are endangered.
You can find more pictures of sea turtles
If you want to disscuss sea turtles more,
please email me.