How NOT to Live Your Life
A Personal Documentation of Every Mistake I've Made in My Entire Life
Now, don't get me wrong. Some part of me is terrified of making this web page. But a larger part of me is overwhelmed with scientific curiosity at looking at every terrible decision I have ever made, laid down in front of me.
Maybe it will spark change.
Maybe I will keep on ruining my life.
An extremely rare photo of me enjoying life.
I've made the following list as an indefinite reminder to myself that everything about my existence hinges off of my unprecedented ability to make mistakes, and I wouldn't be the same without them.
Plus, some of them are pretty funny.
- On Tuesday, October 20th 2016 I slept through my midterm.
- One time I was trying to fix the zipper on my jacket and I pulled too hard and I punched myself in the mouth.
- In elementary school I farted during a game of duck-duck-goose.
- In freshman year of high school I got my hair cut using a Groupon, and I ended up looking like a middle-aged soccer mom.
- I have yet to talk to any of my academic advisors.
- I asked out a friend to my 6th grade dance using what I now understand as a randsom note.
- I tried walking to Stevenson college from Oakes without a map. I got lost in the Trailer Parks and started crying.
- I don't call my mom enough.
- Every party I've ever gone to without eating food before hand.
- I fall in love too easily.
- I listen to sad music every time it rains. Yeah it's fun but see the above point.
- And many more...
But in all seriousness, I need to remind myself of three crucial things.
- Life isn't possible without mistakes.
- I am allowed to forgive myself for my mistakes.
- I just need to grow from them.
If you would like a more day-to-day account of my mistakes, you can follow me on Tumblr.
And if you have any questions about the legitimacy of my mistakes, please feel free to email me here .