Tired of wasting money on smoothies that are just "okay"? Well you're in luck because I've got the solution for you!
After reading these simple steps, you will have the knowledge to create delicious smoothies like these.
Step One: Gather the ingredients.
- Frozen bananas -this is a must! Frozen bananas will give your smoothie an ice cream consistency! Frozen bananas are an important ingredient for any ice cream-like smoothie. If you do not have frozen bananas, try making a smoothie some other time.
- Frozen berries -these can include frozen strawberries, blueberries, rasberries, etc.
- Kefir/Greek yogurt -these are healthy choices that are essential for the overall taste and consistency of your smoothie.
- Oatmeal -not only will this make your smoothie more delicious, but also more filling.
- Flaxseed and chia seeds- tasteless, yet good sources of fiber.
- Spinach - optional, but this is a healthy choice to throw in your mix without affecting the overall taste.
- Milk -personally, I use soy milk because it adds to the flavor of the smoothie, but this is up to you!
- Protein powder -last but not least, your choice of protein powder for the gains.
Step Two: Throw it all in a blender.
First you will start by blending your frozen ingredients.
After blending the frozen ingredients, now you can add in the dry ingredients.
- In your blender, throw in about 1 1/2 frozen bananas, preferably cut into halves (to not overwhelm your blender).
- Then throw in a handfull of frozen berries. This measurement is not as accurate, but with experimentation, you can find your own liking.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of either kefir or greek yogurt.
- Now add in your choice of milk. Tip: the less milk you have, the more ice cream-like consistency you will achieve with your smoothie.
Blend everything one more time.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flaxseed.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Add a serving of protein powder, usually 1 scoop .
- Optional, add in a handfull of spinach.
Step Three (for aesthetic purposes): Serve in a fancy cup, fancy straw, and drink away!
If you have any further questions on the procedure, possible substitutions, etc., you can email me here.
Dislike my recipe? Well then, try these!