Welcome to My Personal Website
A macaron is a small biscuit/cookie, typically made from ground almonds, coconut, and other nuts, with icing sugar and food coloring.
How to make Macarons?
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the powdered sugar, almond flour, and a half teaspoon of salt, and process on low speed, until extra fine.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the egg whites and the remaining half teaspoon of salt with an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add the vanilla and beat until incorporated. Add the food coloring and beat until just combined.
- Add about half of the sifted almond flour mixture at a time to the beaten egg whites and use a spatula to gently fold until combined.
- Transfer the macaron batter into a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- Place 4 dots of the batter in each corner of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Pipe the macarons onto the parchment paper in 1-inch (3-cm) circles, spacing at least 1-inch (2-cm) apart.
- Tap the baking sheet on a flat surface 5 times to release any air bubbles.
- Let the macarons sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until dry to the touch.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Bake the macarons for 17 minutes, until the feet are well-risen and the macarons don’t stick to the parchment paper.
- Transfer the macarons to a wire rack to cool completely before filling.
How to make the buttercream
- In a large bowl, add the butter and beat with a mixer for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
- Transfer the buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- Add a dollop of buttercream to one macaron shell.
- Place in an airtight container for 24 hours to bloom.
For more information please visit:Macarons Recipes
Please email me at:click here