aka the star apple
This fruit is known by many names including star apple, caimito, or vú sữa in Vietnam.
How do you eat a star apple?
- this fruit originated from the Greater Antilles and can be commonly found throughout the tropics including Southeast Asia
- the Vietnamese name vú sữa translates to "breast milk" for its sweet and milky pulp when ripened
Contact me here!
- Check for signs of ripeness; slightly dulled color, nicely soft when given a gentle squeeze
- Slice the fruit in half, remove seeds if necessary
- Use a spoon to scoop out the soft, gelatinous pulp
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy it by itself for a great summer dessert!