Welcome to facts about the Moon
This image that explains the many phases of the moon.
It takes the moon 29.5 days to travel around the Earth once
The Moon is closer to the Sun than the Earth
- The moon is not a planet, but a satellite of the Earth.
- Only 59% of the moon's surface is visible from earth.
- The surface area of the moon is 14,658,000 square miles or 9.4 billion acres
- A Lunar eclipse occurs when the Moon is directly behind the Earth into its umbra (shadow).
- Solar eclipse occurs when the Moon gets between Earth and the sun, and the Moon casts a shadow over the Earth.
You can find more information about the Moon at Moon.
You can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org