Welcome Home: Lupita's Blog
"Live for something rather than die for nothing." - George Patton
I often forget how fortunate I am to be able to come home every night and embrace my loved ones. I am able to go out into the world knowing that I am, for the most part, safe. I forget that we have brave men and women serving in our armed forces, placing their lives in the front lines of fire on a daily basis. Although we, as human beings face danger at home, our soldiers have made it their duty to protect us. I want to thank them for their sacrifice and all they do for us. Thank you.
Facts about the Military:
Here is a link to soldiers returning home videos.
- The Coast Guard seizes 169 pounds of marijuana and 306 pounds of cocaine, worth about $9,589,000.00 everyday.
- Nearly 20% of service members in Iraq and Afghanistan experience acute stress, depression, and/or anxiety. Getting thank-you notes has a positive impact on soldiers' moods. Send cards to deployed soldiers to let them know we appreciate their service.
- Less than 28 percent of Americans between the ages of 17-23 are qualified for military service, that's only about 1-in-4.
- My favorite child reaction video.
- My favorite animal reaction video.
- Welcome Home Soldier!
You can send me email at this address: email@example.com