Welcome to the Comprehensive Guide to Peeling Oranges (guide 1 of 3)
The guide is also applicable to smaller peelable fruits such as Clementine Mandarins and Tangerines
- Use your hands
- Select a good orange
- Roll the orange to loosen the skin
- Holding the orange in one hand, puncture the skin with your thumbnail
- Work your thumb under the peel
- Gently tear off a section of the skin
- Tear off another section, beginning at the edge of the orange peel
- Continue until all of the peel has been removed
- Throw away or compost the scraps
- Use a knife (see guide 2 of 3)
- Use a spoon (see guide 3 of 3)
Adopt your own citrus delicacy for peeling at Hales Groves.
If you need further assistance along your orange peeling journey I suggest emailing me here.