My Best Friend
Here's Daphne or as we nicknamed her, Ducky.
We got her late July of 2017 and has been an integral part of the family dynamic since.
- My family and I were told by the shelter that she is a Dachshund, but we think she has some other breeds in her.
- She's definitely a "snorer" and makes little quack-like noises when she sleeps, which is where she got her name.
- Ducky sometimes has that Dachshund mentality where you want to go left and they want to go right.
- If she's not playing with her 1000 toys (hopefully an exaggeration) she's hanging out with me in my lap.
Here are some fun facts about Dachshunds:
- They come in basically all colors and sizes! Any shade of brown, blue merle, long-hair or short-hair, etc.
- Their average lifespan is fairly long for dogs, some have gotten up to 21 years (thankfully).
- They love to jump up on just about anything, and Ducky is no stranger to that fact, but it can be dangerous with their backs.
If you are thinking about adopting a Dachshund here are some things to read first for general care.
You can send me an email if you want to hear more about Ducky or Dachshunds in general at email@example.com