Traditons: Dia de los Muertos
Dia de los muertos an important tradition in certain parts of Latin America which is celebrated on November 2.
This is a picture that represents an altar.The altar of the dead is a symbolic construction of syncretic Mesoamerican beliefs, which involves placing platforms where wreaths are laid and food to pay tribute to the family ancestors, the dead or near famous people.
Here are three symbolic elements that are placed in the altar:
Important facts about Dia de los muertos:
- Mexican marigold or Aztec marigold ( Flor de Cenpasuchil)
- Sugar Skulls(Calaveras de azucar)
- Pan de muerto
Here is a video. that gives a brief explanation of Dia de los Muertos celebration.
- During the celebration of Dia de los Muertos the monarch butterflies arrive in Mexico and the legend says that the butterflies are the souls of the deceased returning to earth.
- The celebration of Dia de los muertos was originated 3,000 years ago with the Aztecs
- The celebration begins on November 1st, which is also called Dia de los Angelitos( Little angesl day) iwhich means a celebration fot dead childrens
You can send me email here.