Giant Pandas are one of the most beloved animals
Their black and white furry goodness melts everyone's hearts.
China loans Giant Pandas to Zoos in the United States. Once a contract for a Giant Panda has ended, Zoos must return the Pandas to their homeland. Currently, there are only four Zoos in the United States that have Giant Pandas.
The San Diego Zoo is the only Zoo in the West Coast to have a Giant Panda exhibit.
A few interesting facts about Giant Pandas:
- National Zoo in Washington, D.C.
- Zoo Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia
- San Diego Zoo in San Diego, California
- Memphis Zoo in Memphis, Tennessee
Information was retrieved here
This was a picture that I took from San Diego Zoo of a Giant Panda mother.
- Female pandas ovulate only once a year and fertile for only 2-3 days
- A newborn Giant Panda is about the size of a stick of butter
- Pandas must eat about 30 pounds of bamboo everyday to stay full
Visit San Diego Zoo's Website!