Santa Cruz Night Time
The Oakland Docks
Image taken by me: Jonathan Gonzalez
How to take a night photograph
Things to be aware of.
- Place Camera on a solid platform, or tripod.
- Set camera to manual mode.
- Keep iso below 400 for best quality.
- Manually set the apeture and the shutter.
- A longer shutter speed (ex. 15 seconds) will allow more light in.
- A wider apeture (ex. 5.4) will also allow more light in.
- Adjust the apeture and the shutter for correct exposure.
- Manually set focus, in low light auto focus might not adjust properly.
- Take the picture. Depending on the light source it will take a couple of seconds.
- Any movement of the object or the camera will cause a blur.
- Make sure to listen to the shutter Open and Close.
- The longer the Shutter speed the longer it takes for the shutter to open and close.
- The higher the iso the more "noise" or grain will be visiable in the image.
- BE PATIENT!
More tips on night photography
For more help or clarification, email me. here
For my other irrelevant website click on the link HI THERE