Why are they an important part of the ecosystem?
What they do:
Why are kelp forest important?
- Eat sea urchins and other invertebrates that graze on giant kelp
- Live along California's coastline and are vital for the health and stability of the nearshore marine ecosystem.
If you would like to learn how you can support Sea Otter conservation you can go here Sea Otter Recovery Fund
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions!
- Wide diveristy of animals depend upon kelp for survival.
- Kelp forest protect the coast from storm surge
- Absorb a large amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide.