10 Facts About Silky Terriers
- The breed was developed in Australia.
- The breed was created by crossing the Yorkshire Terrier and Australian Terrier in the late 1800s.
- During World War II, American servicemen brought some Silky Terriers back to the United States where the breed gained popularity.
- The breed was recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1959.
- They are inquisitive, alert, and affectionate.
- They are enthusiastic diggers.
- They are born black and their coat can turn to shades of blue-gray with tan or red markings.
- 98th most popular dog breed according to the AKC.
- Not to be trusted around rodents.
- Are hypoallergenic.
You can send me email