What Is Cerebral Palsy?
This is RJ Mitte, who has cerebral palsy and played Walter White Jr., a character with the same condition, on "Breaking Bad"
Facts about CP
- A birth-related disorder that affects the brain and nervous system
- Nerve damage caused by this disorder limits a child's motor skills
- It affects a child's posture, ability to walk, and other movement
- 17 million people worldwide have cerebral palsy
- There is no cure, but treatment, therapy, special equipment, and in some cases, surgery can help
Treatment for CP includes:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Devices and equipment, such as braces, casts, and splints
- Pain Management
- Speech Therapy
Here is a link to United Cerebral Palsy. They educate, advocate, and provide support services to ensure a life without limits for people with a spectrum of disabilities!
You can reach me at my email here