Freshman guide to UCSC
We all forget sometimes that we were once freshman too. So here's a friendly guide to show you the ins and outs on how to be a top notch banana slug!
Now that we're here, miles away from home, what can we do?
Here's a couple of rules to go by before you make any hasty decisions
Don't forget to get to know the staff, workers and professors around you
- Make friends! Chances are everyone around you is looking to have a friend as well
- Join clubs! UCSC has countless organizations that you're able to join
- Make sure you attend class! Now that you're in college you should probably know that some professors don't take attendence which means it's okay to skip class
right? WRONG! We're all here because we came to continue with our studies!
- Last but certainly not least, have fun! (:
But we've all experienced feeling down during our time here at UCSC so if you ever have the feeling of being alone or everything is just piling up on top of you and you feel overwhelmed check out CAPS
- They work hard to be able to provide us with resources we need
- We should help them just as much as they're helping us (like cleaning up after ourselves and doing our assignments)
- They're people too!
Please don't hesitate to add your comments and/or concerns! :)
If you don't want to type in the text box that's totally fine!
Send me an email with anything!