Street Food is AWESOME.
It is called "KWEK KWEK", one of my favorite street food in my country.
HERE IT IS:
What is Kwek Kwek?
Kwek Kwek is a very famous food commonly sold along the streets of Philippines. It is made up of hard-boiled chicken eggs individually wrapped in orange-tinted batter, which are then fried until golden brown.
Home made dip:
- Vinegar with Chili.
- Water with flour, soy sauce and sugar.
Basic steps for cooking Kwek Kwek:
Here is a more detailed instruction of making it recipe.
- Place the cornstarch in a container and dredge the boiled quail eggs. Set aside.
- Dilute the anatto powder in warm water.
- In a bowl mix together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, ground black pepper and diluted annatto powder. Mix well.
- Place quail eggs in the bowl and coat with the batter evenly.
- Add oil in a wok and once hot, add quail eggs one at a time, make sure eggs are coated with the batter.
- Remove from wok and they are ready to eat with dip.
You can send me email here.