Here you will learn about my all time favorite animals !
- My #1 favorite terrestrial animal is the Rainbow Boa Constrictor.
- Fun fact: an adult rainbow boa can reach lengths of 3 to 7 feet.
- Fun fact: Boas have special pits on their face that allow them to detect heat. This is very important because these snakes are nocturnal hunters that use this ability to find warm-blooded prey at night.
- Fun fact: Boas typically live and hunt on the ground, but they can climb trees and are excellent swimmers when necessary.
My #1 favorite aquatic animal is Bottlenose Dolphin.
- Fun fact: A bottlenose dolphin can hold it s breath for 8- 10 minutes on average, and dive to depths of 540 meters.
- Fun fact: Bottlenose dolphins sleep with one eye open and one closed, because they must be awake to breathe, one half of their brain sleeps while the other stays awake to prevent drowning.
- Fun fact: Bottlenose dolphins are known to behave in unusual ways such as engaging in sexual activities even when not in heat, in other words sex for pleasure, like humans. In addition they are one of the few that animal species that will have sex face to face.
My #1 favorite aerial animal is the Hummingbird.
- Fun fact: Hummingbirds are among the smallest of birds in the world, measuring 7.5- 13 cm in lenght.
- Fun fact: Hummingbirds cannot walk or hop, however they are expert fliers
- Fun fact: Despite their tiny size, hummingbirds are considered one of the most aggressive birds species, they will attack jays, crows and hawks that overstep to their territories
Email me and tell me what your favorites are: