El Pulgarcito de America
El Salvador(GREEN) is located at the heart of Central America. It is the smallest and most densely populated country among the 7 countries in Central America. El Salvador is composed of 14 departments(states) and these departments are subdivided into 262 municipalities. The department of Chalatenango is located in the northwest of the country and it has 34 municipalities. La Reina is one of the Chalatenango's municipalities and is my hometown. Being born and raised in La Reina was the best part of my childhood!
La Reina, Chalatenango
- It's a small town with a population of 9,525 habitants and covers an area of 133,50 km^2, according to the 2007 Census
- Three main rivers merge into one and this one crosses through the town which makes La Reina a very touristic place for local and internationals to come by and take a swim. It's fun!
- It's filled with rich culture and traditions. All of the people are religious, most of them Catholic
Best time to visit La Reina...
- During its festivities: February 20th to the 28th
- During San Salvador's festivities: August 1st to the 6th
- During Winter season: May-October
- During December: Christmas & New Years
Click Here to get to know La Reina a little bit more
If you have any questions or need translation, email me here: