What is Alzheimer's Disease?
Alzheimer's Disease is a type of dementia characterized by a progressive decline of memory, cognition, and behavior.
For more information on Alzheimer's, visit The Alzheimer's Association.
10 Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer's
- Memory loss that interrupts with daily life
- Difficulty in planning and solving problems
- Challenges in completing regular, daily tasks
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble with vision
- Difficulty with speech and writing
- Misplacing personal items
- Poor judgment or decision-making
- Withdrawal from social activities
- Changes in personality or mood
Ways to Reduce the Risk of Alzheimer's Disease
- Eat healthy
- Quit smoking
- Engage in regular exercise
- Wear helmets to protect your brain during sports
- Get a sufficient amount of sleep at night
- Take care of your mental health
- Participate in intellectually stimulating activities
- Stay socially engaged
For more ways to reduce your risk of Alzheimer's, send an email here.