Pseudocoding Cactus Salad
First, you'll need ingredients:
- 4 cactus paddles
- 2 tomatoes
- few tablespoons of queso fresco
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup cilentro
- 3 limes
- oregano, salt, pepper
Next, you'll want kitchen tools:
- A knife
- Cutting board
- A pan to simmer cactus in
- A bowl that is big enough to fit all the ingredients
- A fork
Let's get Cookin'!
- Put on gloves to handle cactus paddles, and place yourself over a sink or trashcan. Take the knife and scrape the paddles in a downward motion in order to remove the needles.
- Place the cutting board on the counter, and place the paddles on top of the cutting board and begin slicing them into strips
- Turn on the stove to a medium heat to begin warming up the pan
- Place the sliced paddles into the pan evenly and simmer for 10 minutes
- While the paddles are simmering, rinse off the knife that you used to cut the paddles
- Place tomatoes on the cutting board and dice them with the knife.
- Place the diced tomatoes into a bowl, and place an onion on the cutting board. Dice the onion with the knife.
- Place the onions into the bowl with the tomatoes, and place the limes onto the cutting board. Cut the limes in half.
- Squeeze lime juice into the bowl with the tomatoes and onions.
- Place cilantro on the cutting board and chop them finely with the knife.Place the cilanto into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the stove. Transfer the paddles from the pan to the bowl with the tomatoes and onions.
- Mix the ingredients in the bowl.
- Shake in salt, pepper, and oregano, tasting intermittently until there's enough.
- Mix everything again
- Use fork to eat food that is in the bowl