It's Good For You
Durian is extremely popular and extremely nutritious fruit primarily found in Asian/SE Asian countries. It has a reputation for being the smelliest fruit in the world. You can buy it at asian markets like H-Mart, Farmers Markets, and Seafood City. Here the youtuber, Matt Stoney, shows some of the many ways you can buy and eat Durian.
Why Should You Eat This Smelly Fruit
- One cup of durian contains a whopping 357 Calories, 13g of fat, 66g of carbs, and 4g of protein. It's a full meal on its own.
- One cup of durian contains 9g of fiber to help clear you out after that day of hot cheetos and boba.
- One cup of durian contains 80% of your daily recommended value of vitamin C, 40% of you daily value of Vitamin B6, and a substantial amount of at least 5 other essential vitamins and nutrients.
How Do You Eat This Smelly Fruit?
Send me your amazing durian pictures to my email.
- Acquire one spikey/smelly boi (Durian)
- Place the durian stem side down
- Using a large knife, make a 3-4 inch cut through the thick skin at the top.
- Pull apart the skin to reveal the tender, edible part of the fruit. Be careful of the hard stones!