Tarot cards are used to see into the future and to explore our own inner worlds. They have a long history, although most of it was lost before the middle ages. These days people ask them for advice and guidance with their lives. They are often misunderstood and labelled as evil.
One of the most common decks is called a Rider-Waite Deck. My tarot deck, the Cachet deck, is based off of Rider-Waite. A deck consists of 78 cards: 22 Major Arcana and 56 Minor Arcana.
List of Minor Arcana:
- Swords (Represents logic and courage)
- Cups (Represents intuition and creativity)
- Wands (Represents inner development and personal power)
- Pentacles (Represents practical matters and the material world)
- That practicing tarot is dangerous or that it "opens doors to evil"
- That they specifically predict the future
- That you must be psychic to be able to use them
- That the death card means you will actually die (the death card could simply symbolize the closing of a door, and a new beginning)
My favorite card is The High Priestess because she stands for feminine spiritual power and the mystery/duality of life: good vs. evil.
If you'd like to learn how to read tarot cards, here are some tips to get started!
Want your tarot cards read? Contact me here