Not all those who wander are lost.
Over my vast travels across the world, i have found an abundance of destinations the help refine my intuition on the affects culture has on a person. The Cook Islands are among the most culturally influenced islands that remain. The main island Rarotunga is the most technologically advanced island in the chain, and is the recipient to most of the island vacationers. The other islands such as Itutaki and Atiu are more unscathed by foreign influence, making their culture most domestically intact.
The Cook Islands is a chain of 16 different islands
The Northern Cook Islands
- Penrhyn Island
The Southern Cook Islands
- Palmerston Island
Here are a few reasons why you should do visit the cook islands.
- The jungles are vast and maintain a unique ecosystem. Atiu is home to one of the rarest birds, the Anatakitaki Kopekas, which live deep in caves, and are a rare sight to see even for the locals.
- The pristine beaches offer your eyes a rest, as it doesn't make sense to be looking for anything more beautiful, the best view is straight ahead.
- Local visionary Pa offers visiting tourists an interesting perspective on life in the Cook Islands.
- The main method of transportation is the scooter, and who doesn't want to go to a place where everyone is ridding a scooter???
- Hunger isn't know on the islands, as there is more than an abundance of fresh coconuts waiting on the ground to be picked up.
- And lastly the drinking age happens to be 18+, for those of you who it applies to.
For any questions or comments you can email me or find me on Facebook.