My name is Aaron and I play a sport called Ultimate Frisbee
I have been playing the sport for nearly 8 years.
Here are some basic rules for the game of Ultimate:
See the rules of ultimate
to gain a better understanding of how the game is played.
- You cannot run with the disc in your hands and have to establish a pivot foot that you use to throw instead
- Ultimate is a non-contact sport and therefore means you cannot hit the disc out of the opponent's hands
- To establish possession of the disc, you need to stop the rotation of the disc
- In or out of bounds is established by your first point of contact on the ground
Some fun facts about Ultimate:
- Ultimate Frisbee was started in 1968
- The idea of the frisbee came from throwing a pie tin around
- Bill Nye (Yes, the science guy) played Ultimate
- Ultimate is played in over 90 countries by thousands of people
Here is a picture of me playing Ultimate:
If you are a student at UCSC, email Aaron Hom to get more information about Slug Ultimate.