Santa Cruz Waves
Three Iconic Santa Cruz Waves
Steamer Lane, Santa Cruz Harbor, and Pleasure Point
Santa Cruz is home to several world class waves.
Here are three iconic waves which produce high quality surf.
- Steamer Lane
- Just hop off the rock and you're in the line up.
- Broken up into various breaks with a variety of waves.
- Picks up swell all year long from storms the north and south pacific oceans.
- Santa Cruz Harbor
- A fast, barreling wave which breaks on the Santa Cruz harbor jetti.
- Winter rain storms cause a sand bar to develop across the harbor mouth.
- Only breaks in the winter on a strong north west swell.
- Pleasure Point
- A good right hand point break which can really line up on a strong swell.
- Picks up swell year all long from storms in the north and south pacific oceans.
- The biggest dangers are the crowd and getting hit by a long boarder.
Click here to Check the Santa Cruz surf forecast.
If you have more questions, you can email Andrew Matthews